Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Waiting Game

The phone rang at 2 this morning. "Abby's water broke," my brother told my mom. She hopped out of bed, changed and was out the door in a flash. As a maternity nurse of almost 30 years, there was no chance she was missing the birth of her first grandchild.

But then started the waiting game for me, my dad and brothers. What's happening? Is the baby born? Is Abby okay? Why is this taking so long? We've waited 9 months, so why does today feel like an eternity?

Then came the text at 8 AM. from my mom. "Abby's doing well. 8 cm dilated, hopefully he'll be here within the next few hours."

But the waiting continued. 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM. No news. Ugh, "I should do something to take my mind off of this," I told myself. So I worked out, I showered, I ate lunch. Still no news. So I played with the dogs and kept waiting.

And then at 1:57...............


Want to know what happens next? Stay tuned for my next blog post! Any last predictions for names?


As always, "Other things may change us, but we start and end with family"-AB

No comments:

Post a Comment